How to connect unsupported Bluetooth to ps4
If you are a true gamer and love to play video games with your buddies on the weekends, you must be aware of the PlayStation 4 or PS4. It’s great to play games with an interesting soundtrack and deep bass, accompanied by the shouts and screaming of other gamers in the background.
Unfortunately, your Bluetooth speaker or headphones cannot connect to your PS4. What should you do then? You don’t need to worry about it. We are here to let you know how to connect unsupported Bluetooth to PS4. You can use a dongle or an Inbuilt Microphone Audio Cable to connect unsupported Bluetooth to PS4.
You can find the easiest methods here to solve your problem, so stay connected with us and follow our instructions. We will also clear up a few confusions.
When you are going to buy a good quality headset, you should take a look at some basic specifications such as leather earcups, the material, the open or closed-back design, and the shape. Nevertheless, we present you with a solution to connect your Bluetooth headphone with PS4.
Also, Check Out Can you connect Bluetooth headphones to PS4.
Connecting Supported Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
It is easy to connect Bluetooth headphones to a PS4.
- Go to the Settings tab first.
- Click on Device now.
- Click on Bluetooth Devices.
- Turn on the pairing feature on your headphones.
- Wait a few seconds. Your app will automatically show up on your computer. Get connected by tapping on it. Other than that You will see an error message stating “Unable to find a profile supported by the PS4.”
Connecting Unsupported Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
If your Bluetooth headphones are not compatible with your PS4, there are many other options available. A2DP is not supported by PS4 and almost all headphones have A2DP nowadays. That’s why they’re not supported by the PS4.
Connecting your Bluetooth headphones that have A2DP can be done in two ways. Both Method 1 and Method 2 are efficient, but Method 2 is cheaper.
Method 1: Connecting an unsupported Bluetooth device to a PS4 using a dongle
This is the simplest way to connect unsupported Bluetooth headphones to PS4. The PS4 Bluetooth dongle and wireless microphone will be utilized in this method. Using the Bluetooth dongle, you can connect the wireless microphone to your PS4 gaming console. To connect it, follow these steps.
- Connect the wireless microphone to the PS4.
- Connect the Bluetooth dongle to the USB slot on the PS4.
- Turn the dongle on by pressing the button. Now bring the dongle closer to the Bluetooth dongle to turn it on. Wait for some time to connect.
- Press X on the PS4’s settings menu, and choose Devices > audio devices.
- You will see a new menu. Choose the input device option and then select headsets connect to the controller.
- On the output device option, you should click on the USB headset.
- After that, you can set the volume according to your choice with the volume control option.
- Next, select output headphones, and then select all audio.
After following these steps you’ll be able to connect the Bluetooth Dongle to PS4 and then connect it to an unsupported Bluetooth Headphone. If the solution successfully works for you just go ahead and try playing games with high-end audio. If this solution doesn’t work for you then let’s move to the next solution.
Method 2: Connecting an unsupported Bluetooth device to a PS4 using an Inbuilt Microphone Audio Cable:
You can find a variety of headphones in the market which feature an inbuilt microphone. While playing your favorite games on your PS4, you can use a built-in microphone in your headphone to send and receive the audio. You must own a good headphone for gaming, before moving ahead to this tutorial on How to connect unsupported Bluetooth headphones to the PS4, If you already have that one then go ahead with us and follow these steps.
- First, turn on the PS4 Bluetooth Headset, and then connect it to the gaming console.
- Go to the settings option and then choose the Devices and Bluetooth Devices option.
- Now look for the name of your PS4 Bluetooth headphone and then click on it.
- Choose the devices and audio devices from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the output devices option and then pick the ps4 Bluetooth headset connected to the controller.
- You can adjust volume according to your using the volume control option.
- In the last step, click on the output to headphones and select the All audio option.
Using this method, you can connect Bluetooth headphones to ps4 gaming console and there will be no issue while doing this.
Best PS4 Supported Bluetooth Headphones
Some of the Best Supported Bluetooth Headphones are listed below:
- Playstation Platinum Wireless Headset – Playstation 4.
- Corsair HS60 Pro Gaming Headset.
- Razer Kraken Tournament Edition THX Gaming Headset.
- Sennheiser GSP 370 Gaming Headset,
- Razer Nari Ultimate Wireless Gaming Headset.
Best PS4 Bluetooth Adapter Dongles
Some of the best PS4 Bluetooth dongles are listed here:
- PS4 PS5 Bluetooth Dongle V2 Chasdi Wireless Mini Microphone USB Adapter
- TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PS4.
- KenSara Wireless Adapter, Mini USB BT 4.0 Adapter Dongle.
- Avantree Leaf Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Adapter For PS4.
- VakaBox Wireless Adapter + EDR Dongle.
Do you want to know How to connect Bluetooth speakers to ps4? We will here discuss here three methods to link PS4 Speakers.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to PS4
It is quite easy to connect speakers to PS4 using a 3.5 mm audio cable that connects to the DualShock controller in PS4.
- Connect one end of the 3.5 mm audio cable into the port of your PS4 unit and the other end to your speaker.
- Using the switch, select Settings.
- Choose Devices, and then Audio Devices.
- Select Output Unit and make that Headset connected to controller if that is not already selected.
- Choose Output to Headphones and make sure All Audio is selected.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to PS4
We can use an Audio extract to connect PS4 to Speakers.
- Ensure that the audio output from your extractor (e.g., RCA) is compatible with the audio input from your speakers.
- Connect your speakers and extractor with an audio cord.
- Buy an extra HDMI cable.
- Connect the PS4 and the HDMI cable to the audio extractor.
- The second HDMI cable is connected to the audio extractor through the screen.
- Connect the microphone extractor and the microphone cord through the headphones.
- Switch to PS4 to play. Make sure your speaker is set to the right volume to ensure the best sound.
How to Connect Bluetooth Speakers to PS4
In this method, you need to have an Optical Audio Cable. The PS4 Slim does not have an optical audio port so if you have that one you can simply skip this method.
- Connect one end of the audio cable to your speakers’ optical port. You should purchase an optical PS4 adapter if your speaker does not have an optical connection.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the optical port on your PS4.
- Switch to PS4 to play. Within a few seconds, you will be able to hear the PS4 menu’s music through your headphones.
Best Gaming Speakers For PS4
Here are some of the best and most appreciated speakers:
- Cyber Acoustics CA-3602a 62W Speakers.
- Razer Nommo Chroma Gaming Speakers.
- Creative GigaWorks T40 Series ll Speaker System.
- Razer Leviathan PC Gaming Speakers.
Best Audio Extractor For PS4
Some of the Best Audio Extractor for PS4 are listed here:
- 3×1 HDMI Switch With audio Extractor
- J-Tech Digital Premium Quality Audio Extractor.
- eSynic 1080P HDMI Audio Extractor.
- iArkPower HDMI Audio Extractor.
- SGEYR HDMI Audio Extractor.
This is how you can solve the issue of How to Connect Unsupported Bluetooth to PS4. This issue can usually be resolved by using the Bluetooth Dongle through which you can connect your gaming headsets to your gaming console.
We have mentioned all the effective methods for connecting the PS4 gaming console to your headset or speaker. It is possible that there are other ways to achieve this goal as well.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use AirPods on PS4?
Unfortunately, PS4 does not support AirPods. If you want to use AirPods, you need to connect a Third-party Bluetooth Adapter. By default, PS4 is not compatible with Bluetooth audio or headphones, so you cannot use AirPods without the accessories.
Do you really need gaming headphones?
If you are not a serious gamer and occasionally use your gaming console then it is not a good thing to invest in a pair of gaming headphones. But if you are taking your games seriously then you must have gaming headphones to own the game every single second. For example, In Call of Duty, you can hear your enemies approaching if you have a decent set of headphones.
Why should I buy Gaming Speakers?
While playing computer games, high-quality speakers surround you in a rich musical environment. Thanks to the two-piece and three-piece gaming speakers that include subwoofers and tweeters, gaming speakers not only enhance your versatility but also deliver a full enhanced sound.
Can you connect a PS5 controller to a PS4?
Simply put, PS5 controllers are not compatible with PS4. Fans who insist on using DualSense with the PlayStation 4 anyway have a workaround. People who have picked up one of the new dual-colored DualSense gamepads probably want to use it as much as possible.